Consumer electronics manufacturer plans major changes to its structure and operations
Sony’s new president and CEO, Kazuo Hirai, has announced plans to revitalise Sony’s electronics business. Sony Europe is proposing significant organisational changes to simplify its consumer business, increase customer responsiveness and speed up decision making. Ten sales companies will become one integrated team covering Sales, Marketing and Business Support areas such as finance, logistics, HR and communications. The proposed changes are subject to local consultation and may result in efficiencies and headcount reduction.
Gildas Pelliet, currently managing director for Sony UK and Ireland, has been appointed European marketing head (Consumer). Chris Bowen, currently sales director for the UK, has been appointed country head UK and Ireland, and will continue to manage the commercial relations at a local level. Shaun Dorrington has been appointed marketing head for UK and Ireland.
- Hotpoint's new TV ad campaign
- The technology of the future
- Retra relaunches retracare
- Comet collapse costs £15 million
- Sony confirms prices and on-sale dates for ne...
- Hotpoint HD technology demonstrated online
- No more Panasonic plasmas?
- LG launches smart solutions at InnoFest 2013...
- Samsung aims to lead the domestic appliances...
- Putting excitement into white goods